Sunday, August 4, 2024

Trust Myself: A Poem

Trust Myself:

I just want you to know this comes from a place of love
No malice or strife, not even anger. 
I accept you for who you are, flaws and all 
I always have I always will. 
I’ve loved you so much I put you above it all 
Even God. 
But you can’t see it. 
Even now I’m hiding parts of myself
Because I don’t trust myself
Accept myself...
Because my best just never was good enough.
But not anymore. 
In order for me to accept every part of who I am 
I need to shine. 
Let her out. 
But I’m afraid. 
I’m afraid of stepping on those toes I’ve stepped on before 
Black, blue, knaraled and sore. 
I’m afraid that those parts of me, offend you. 
Because they do. 
All throughout my life I’ve been pushing
Pushing, looking, moving for approval 
Of what I give today. 
That what I can give is good enough. 
You say that “your happiness is not my responsibility” but you act like it is. 
And I want you to be.
Happy. 
So I hide parts of myself from you. 
To not offend you. 
I’d like to express myself 
Be the Mess, myself 
I’m not asking you to change who you are for me 
Because I want you to be who I see. 
And what I see, is all of you flaws and all. 
And I accept that. 
I don’t need you to change, want you to change
Who you are 
Because I love you, no matter what. 
I will always be here, 
I just can’t in all my pieces. 
This is my thesis: 
What if we cheered eachother on for our mistakes? 
Not because of them but what we do with them. 
What if we brush off the distrustful assumptions? 
Gumption.
Our bravery doesnt have to be shouted to be seen or felt
It just has to be expressed, in a kind and loving way. 
I accept all of you 
Believe it or not. 
I just ask you to do the same. 


No comments:

Post a Comment